Laboratoire EM2C, CentraleSupélec,
laurent.soucasse [at] centralesupelec.fr
coupled heat and mass transfers • thermal radiation • turbulent natural convection flows • non-equilibrium plasma flows • radiation-turbulence interaction • soot radiative properties • radiative property modelling in gases and plasma • adaptive numerical methods for radiation transport and fluid mechanics • reduced order models
- 2017-now Associate Professor, CentraleSupélec, France
- 2015-2017 Research Fellow, Imperial College London, Earth Science and Engineering Department, United Kingdom
- 2014-2015 Postdoctoral research assistant, von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, Aeronautics and Aerospace Department, Belgium
- 2010-2013 PhD student, Ecole Centrale Paris, EM2C Laboratory, France
AWARDS AND GRANTS
- Individual Fellowship, Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission, Marie-Sklodowska-Curie-Actions
- Hartnett-Irvine Award for the best paper presented at a conference organized by the International Center for Heat and Mass Transfer.
P7. L. Soucasse, S. Dargaville, A. G. Buchan and C. C. Pain, A goal-based angular adaptivity method for thermal radiation modelling in non grey media, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 200:215-224, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.jqsrt.2017.06.015.
P6. L. Soucasse, Ph. Rivière and A. Soufiani, Natural convection in a differentially heated cubical cavity under the effects of wall and molecular gas radiation at Rayleigh numbers up to 3×109. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 61-B:510–530, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatfluidflow.2016.06.012.
P5. L. Soucasse, J.B. Scoggins, Ph. Rivière, T.E. Magin and A. Soufiani, Flow-radiation coupling for atmospheric entries using a hybrid statistical narrow band model. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 180:55–69, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jqsrt.2016.04.008.
P4. L. Soucasse, Ph. Rivière, A. Soufiani, S. Xin and P. Le Quéré, Transitional regimes of natural convection in a differentially heated cubical cavity under the effects of wall and molecular gas radiation. Physics of Fluids, 26(024105), 2014. DOI: 10.1063/1.4864265.
P3. L. Soucasse, Ph. Rivière and A. Soufiani, Subgrid-scale model for radiative transfer in turbulent participating media. Journal of Computational Physics, 257:442–459, 2014. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcp.2013.10.006.
P2. L. Soucasse, Ph. Rivière and A. Soufiani, Monte Carlo methods for radiative transfer in quasi- isothermal participating media. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 128:34–42, 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.jqsrt.2012.07.008.
P1. L. Soucasse, Ph. Rivière, S. Xin, P. Le Quéré and A. Soufiani, Numerical study of coupled molecular gas radiation and natural convection in a differentially heated cubical cavity. Computational Thermal Sciences, 4:335–350, 2012. DOI: 10.1615/ComputThermalScien.2012005118.