CNRS Senior Researcher
Laboratoire EM2C, CentraleSupélec
christian.tenaud [at] centralesupelec.fr
- High resolution shock capturing schemes for unsteady compressible flow calculations;
- Adaptive Multuresolition method for mesh refinement;
- Modeling of Turbulent flows: RANS, LES, DNS;
- Data analysis: modal decompositions and low order dynamical systems;
- Numerical methods accounting for complex (non linear) thermodynamics.
- 2005 Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches in Mechanics, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris VI, France.
- 1988 Doctorat (PhD Thesis) in Mechanics at École Nationale Supérieure de l´Aéronautique et de l´Espace (ENSAÉ), Toulouse, France.
- 1984 DEA (Master) in Mechanics at École Nationale Supérieure de l´Aéronautique et de l´Espace (ENSAÉ), Toulouse, France.
- 1983 Engineer in Mechanics at the Institut des Sciences AppliquÉes, Toulouse, France.
Scientific coordination and research management:
- Deputy Director of LIMSI (from 07/2013 to 12/2019)
- Head of Mechanics-Energetics Department at LIMSI (from 09/2012 to
- Head of the “Unsteady Aerodynamics: Turbulence and Control” group at LIMSI
- Head of the scientific project «CALINS» of the Non-thematic French Research National Agency (ANR) (2006—2008), dealing with the generation of unsteady boundary conditions for Large-Eddy Simulations and zonal hybrid methods (URANS/LES);
- Member of the French National Council for Mechanics (Conseil National Français de Mécanique);
- Scientific Secretary (from 2002 to 2007) of the ERCOFTAC France-West Pilot Center;
- Coordinator (from 2001 to 2015) of Spring Schools for Computational Fluid Dynamics, organized with the support of the French-German Research Group on CFD.